Monday, December 14, 2009

Photos Shoot... I'm One Lucky Gal












This weekend my best friend Meredith wanted to shoot some photos of me to keep in practice with her photo technique. I was looking to have some new head shots, in case that urge to go back into a field I would need them ever reemerged. So, we got together at her apt/photo studio to take some head shots then we headed out to the streets.

Meredith was trained in Photography at College where she majored in photography. She really had some great ideas and things she wanted to try and we really were able to push each other to do crazier and crazier things during the shoot. We started out in her apartment with the awesome shadow boxes she had handmade (due to lack of money and the language barrier here it is more fun to make stuff she needs). I wore my dress from my birthday blog photos, if you read that far back. We took some with bubble gum, sunglasses, and mostly just plain.

Now, anyone that knows me knows that I can't do make-up well, especially Eye Liner. Well for this shoot, I needed it and I was quite pleased with the outcome. Was it perfect, no, but it would prove to be enough for what we were shooting.

It was a terribly cold and windy day, so we knew that the dress wouldn't cut it down on the streets. I threw on my jeans and Converse along with my furry hooded coat and we were on our way. We stopped at the convenience store for a tasty beverage and proceeded to begin shooting a couple of random test shots. We were lucky because it was overcast so we were able to do some interesting things with consistent lighting. Meredith has one flash so we were working with a single light source. It was interesting to try to learn something about photography in the process of posing. haha.

We found this amazing lit up staircase next and we couldn't wait to see what it looked like on camera. The best part was every Japanese person that walked by was looking at Meredith and I to try to see if we were famous or if they knew who we were. It was def. something that I won't forget.

Next we decided to go all out and shoot in the subway and then on a train. We got some good shots in the station and then on the train. It was rather crowded, seeing as it was a Sunday night and Luminarie was going on for the last weekend this week, but we were able to pull off a few awesome shots.

Meredith edited them and sent them to me, and this is the result. I hope you enjoy! If you know anyone who is looking for models or actresses... haha e-mail me... jenniferpdickey@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. i LOVE these!!! Your friend does a great job...too bad she doesn't live here. I would have her take pics for me.

    ReplyDelete